A simple application to extract information from tweets.
You are given a library to collect Tweets called Tweet Collector (thanks to Faizal)
Here are some simple tasks:
- Create your own Twitter account
- Create a Github or Gitlab account
- Get your Twitter credentials
- Pick a Twitter account to test
- Develop a small Python app, that takes a Twitter account and does the following:
- Gathers 100 tweets
- Extracts links from the tweets and prints them (removing duplicate links if any)
- Extracts references to other Twitter accounts and prints them (removing duplicates)
- Extracts all the hashtags in tweets (removing duplicates)
Once you have the basic command line app running, try the following:
- Create a desktop app with simple GUI
- Write a project log on what you did, the problems you faced and what you learned in the process.
- Store your app in Gitlab/Github and demo the app in our next workshop